httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with build on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:16:00 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:

> forgot to mention: I have done
> export CC=xlc
> in the builds yesterday, so the libtool build should reflect that. The two
> builds I just did for this report I neither defined nor exported CC before
> running configure.
>

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Suspecting it was libtool I downloaded, built and installed libtool 2.2.6a
>> and Python 2.6.3, ope did the following:
>> make distclean
>> ./buildconf
>> ./configure *** as above
>> make

Does that libtool handle aix 6?  The libtool.m4 in my older libtool has lots
of stanzas with

aix4* | aix5*)

or similar.  I'd change those to include aix6* and see if that helps.

I think apr_hints.m4 and APR's configure.in also need a change to handle
aix6*.  I don't know about the various config.guess files.