httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid: settings needed in every vhost?
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:00:04 GMT
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Walter Heck <walterheck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> thanks for the quick response!
>
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 06:09, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's fixed in the mod_fcgid in Subversion.  See the "Get It!"
> information
> > at http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/ for how to check out from
> Subversion.
> > That particular issue wasn't fixed in the 2.3.1 beta.  Hopefully we'll
> have
> > another beta out within the next week, and we can use help testing it.
> Wait, you say it was fixed and two lines later that it wasn't fixed?

I refer to two levels of code:

i. 2.3.1 beta - the issue is not fixed here (level of code in the beta is a
little too old to have that fix)
ii. Subversion (i.e. the very latest): the issue is fixed here

Are you talking about the two different issues of the 500 errors and
> the conf per vhost, or am i misunderstanding you? :)

I'm talking about the vhost conf issue.

As far as the 500 errors:  I didn't know the connection between 500 errors
and the conf issue in your initial e-mail.  But they could be related since
some 500 errors have to be addressed with config changes (maybe increasing a
timeout), and config changes may get confusing due to the vhost conf issue.

> > Previously, server config settings had an interesting property.  If you
> only
> > set them at global scope, they applied to virtual hosts too.  But once
> you
> > configured one mod_fcgid directive in the vhost the other fcgid settings
> > would revert to their defaults for that virtual host.  (The same was true
> > for per-directory settings.)
> So if I fix that in my config, I should be fine?

I think the conf settings work with mod_fcgid 2.2 if you replicate all
server config/virtual host settings into every vhost, perhaps using the
include file mechanism in the blog you pointed to.

mod_fcgid 2.2 would let you set a number of directives inside a vhost even
though they were ignored.  But I guess if you define everything at global
scope as well as in every vhost you work around that.