httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple MPM requires apr-trunk
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:03:39 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> So, what do we want to say is our earliest version of APR required
> for trunk (and 2.4)??
>
> I'd like for us to really start looking at getting 2.4 out, but that
> means some APR dependencies, esp if we want Simple to be viable for
> lots of people.

The minimal APR-trunk code in Simple is a run-time mechanism to check for
the required pollset capabilities.  It is nicer in some respects than a
configure-time check since there's no proper APR check available during
configure, but it isn't worth requiring a certain level of APR for httpd so
that this check will work.