httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: slotmem improving doall
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:06:22 GMT

On Oct 1, 2009, at 10:21 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

>> I mean if doall returns APR_INCOMPLETE, it means that it stopped at
>> some point within the loop.
>
> Yes
>

>> But how would the caller know where and how would the caller
>> re-start the loop but say "start here instead"?
>
> That would be the problem of the caller. If the callback stops the
> doall loop it should have the logic to skip the slots it already
> processed no?

Yeah, but the params to doall() don't provide enough info for that.

>> Or do you mean that doall would always return APR_SUCCESS but
>> the internal loop of doall could terminate somewhere within
>> the loop?
>>

> That was my first idea... If we choose to go that way it is easy :-)

OK... how about if we have the doall callback return an apr_status_t
and the internal loop in the doalls continue the loop with an
APR_SUCCESS
and immediately stop on anything else (and return that to the orig
callee).

So APR_SUCCESS means I went through each element of the slot,
APR_INCOMPLETE means I stopped somewhere inside there and all
all others (like APR_EGENERAL) mean something that hopefully makes
sense to the callee :)