httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: DAV Provider Patch
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:40:15 GMT

On 6 Oct 2009, at 22:15, Brian J. France wrote:

> Sorry for the delay in response to this, life got in the way.
>
> I have updated the patch here:
>
> http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/dav/dav-provider-3.diff
>
> This patch doesn't break binary compatibility (adds the functions to
> the end of the struct) and adds both get_request_rec and
> get_pathname.  While in most cases you can pull pathname from the
> request_rec, how would you get the pathname from a mod_dav_fs_db
> type module?  Should mod_dav_fs_db update r->filename or should we
> keep the get_pathname function in the provider struct?
>
> Either way works for me, just happen to have a discussion at work
> about writing a custom mod_dav_fs module and thought of this patch
> case.

My recollection of hacking at mod_dav is that I wanted to make some
similar
changes, but I was in two minds whether patching the API like this was
the
right solution (certainly getting the request_rec), or whether it
wanted a
deeper-level redesign.

Is this API change sufficient for your app?  And if not, how much
more is there to come?

--
Nick Kew