httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r823703 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/dav/fs/repos.c modules/dav/main/mod_dav.h
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:42:03 GMT

On Oct 16, 2009, at 8:01 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Brian J. France wrote:
>
>> mod_dav_acl would use the filename to validate the acls.  Like I
>> said, I
>> don't know if get_pathname is needed or we should just use r-
>> >filename
>> and make sure a mod_dav_fs_db module updated it.
>
> As Joe points out, an ACL could refer to something that wasn't a file,
> such as a subversion repository, or something similar.
>
> It would be better if ACLs could be applied to any URI, not just URIs
> that map to files.
>
> mod_dav_acl mapping to files only seriously limits the usefulness of
> the
> module.

My goal is to create a mod_dav_acl that requires acl providers to do
the real work.  Like a mod_dav_acl_fs to do file based acls so it
would need a filename, mod_dav_acl_db could do db acls based on uri,
mod_dav_acl_svn could do uri or svn fs based acls.

I think there is one more patch that is not truly acl related that is
required for all of this (etags stuff) before the acl patch.

Anybody want to get together to talk about design for mod_dav_acl at
ApacheCon?

Brian