httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Fastcgi, use something like spawn-fcgi?
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:16:47 GMT
With all the discussion of mod_fcgid lately (I admit, I did not read all the
threads, so forgive me if we already discussed this), I was wondering if a
different approach would be better.

I know at one time there was work on a mod_proxy_fastcgi. The current trend
in "other webservers" seems to do the proxying inside the webserver and
using a separate small process manager - something like spawn-fcgi or
supervisord.

So, we could have configs something like:

ProxyPass /myapp fastcgi:///path/to/my.sock max=6 ...

And should easily be able to do fasctcgi over tcp, etc.

This should, hopefully, simplify the "in httpd" code.

Just thinking...

--
Brian Akins