httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: slotmem improving doall
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:06:45 GMT

On Oct 1, 2009, at 3:44 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> On 09/30/2009 06:18 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2009, at 5:23 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to change the doall / ap_slotmem_callback_fn_t logic.
>>> For the moment we can't stop the doall loop, but it could be
>>> interesting to do so (for example while search for a value in the
>>> slotmems).
>>> My idea is to return APR_SUCCESS when done and APR_INCOMPLETE if we
>>> want to go on doing the loop.
>>>

>> How would it be re-entrant?
>>

> hmmm... Well the caller would have to solve that problem, it is a
> loop calling a callback, no?

I mean if doall returns APR_INCOMPLETE, it means that it stopped at
some point within the loop.

But how would the caller know where and how would the caller
re-start the loop but say "start here instead"?

Or do you mean that doall would always return APR_SUCCESS but
the internal loop of doall could terminate somewhere within
the loop?