httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dr Stephen Henson <shen...@oss-institute.org>
Subject Re: Strange error(parse tlsext bug) in mod_ssl since httpd-2.2.12
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:46:24 GMT
Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:

>>Do you have session caching disabled in the server configuration, either
>>accidentally or deliberately? That seems to me to be the only thing
> that fits
>>the tcpdump you sent.
>
>>If so please turn session caching on and try the SSL_OP_NO_TICKET patch
> again.
>
> I am away from the test setup. Should be able to do this only on coming
> Monday.

OK, will be interested to know if that works.

Based on my analysis the latest snapshots of OpenSSL should fix this properly
but that is a client side fix.

Server side disabling tickets and making sure the session cache is enabled
should be a usable workaround.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Senior Technical/Cryptography Advisor,
Open Source Software Institute: www.oss-institute.org