httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kamesh Jayachandran <kam...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Strange error(parse tlsext bug) in mod_ssl since httpd-2.2.12
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:12:56 GMT
On 10/22/2009 05:24 PM, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:
> Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
>

>>> I need to double check it by myself(One of the internal tester was
>>> saying that this happens with openssl-0.9.8b).
>>> I vaguely remember this happening with openssl-0.9.8g.
>>>

>> Unfortunately I could not build/use openssl-0.9.8b and openssl-0.9.8e on
>> my box.
>>
>> I get the following error for which I do not know *solution* right now,
>>

>> [kamesh@kamesh openssl-0.9.8e]$ /home/kamesh/openssl-0.9.8e/bin/openssl
>> genrsa 1024 -out /tmp/server.key
>> Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus
>> ................++++++
>> ....++++++
>> e is 65537 (0x10001)
>> Illegal instruction
>>

> That's due to the function pointer issues which gcc 4.2 and later doesn't like:
> this was fixed in newer versions of OpenSSL.

Is there any switch we can pass to gcc 4.2 to compile and make it work
properly.

> Do you need TLS extensions on the client/server? If not try compiling OpenSSL
> with no-tlsext.

May not be possible as *client* builds are not in our control.

I believe no-tlsext does *not* disable TLS functionality itself.

> Did you say what version of OpenSSL the failing client was using on Windows?

It happens with openssl-0.9.8j on client openssl-0.9.8k on server

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran