httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kamesh Jayachandran <kam...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Strange error(parse tlsext bug) in mod_ssl since httpd-2.2.12
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:34:21 GMT

> I need to double check it by myself(One of the internal tester was
> saying that this happens with openssl-0.9.8b).
> I vaguely remember this happening with openssl-0.9.8g.

Unfortunately I could not build/use openssl-0.9.8b and openssl-0.9.8e on
my box.

I get the following error for which I do not know *solution* right now,

[kamesh@kamesh openssl-0.9.8e]$ /home/kamesh/openssl-0.9.8e/bin/openssl
genrsa 1024 -out /tmp/server.key
Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus
................++++++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Illegal instruction

> >Also since you post that the problem is with the client - did you also
> >rebuild the client with newer OpenSSL 0.8.8k, or even with 1.0.0.b3?
>
> Will experiment and get back.

I do not have win32 build system to build svn clients against openssl
1.0.0.b3

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran