httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r823703 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/dav/fs/repos.c modules/dav/main/mod_dav.h
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:01:27 GMT
Brian J. France wrote:

> mod_dav_acl would use the filename to validate the acls.  Like I said, I
> don't know if get_pathname is needed or we should just use r->filename
> and make sure a mod_dav_fs_db module updated it.

As Joe points out, an ACL could refer to something that wasn't a file,
such as a subversion repository, or something similar.

It would be better if ACLs could be applied to any URI, not just URIs
that map to files.

mod_dav_acl mapping to files only seriously limits the usefulness of the
module.

Regards,
Graham