httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Making a binary distribution package... for AIX
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:22:10 GMT
Michael Felt wrote:

> Current Status:
> ==============
> michael@x054:[/data/prj/httpd-2.2.14]bindist/bin/httpd -?
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program bindist/bin/httpd because of the
> following errors:
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol XML_StopParser was referenced
>       from module /data/prj/httpd-2.2.14/bindist/lib/libaprutil-1.so(),
> but a runtime definition
>       of the symbol was not found.

Another thing I suggest you do - for quite a while now, packagers have
packaged up dependencies separately from httpd. Both the solaris and rpm
packaging is done separately for APR and APR-util, and the included APR
and APR-util directory trees inside the httpd tarball are ignored.

You'll find similar scripts for RPM and Solaris packaging in the APR and
APR-util projects, you may find it easier to package those first, and
when they're done, configure httpd to depend on those packages.

Regards,
Graham