httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Scott <barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_fcgid-2.3.4
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:47:17 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
 > Thanks to Jeff's catch, we scuttled 2.3.3.  We have yet another candidate
 > for your consideration.  Please fetch up the newly minted
mod_fcgid-2.3.4.tar.gz
 > (or .tar.bz2) or the win32/netware suitable package
mod_fcgid-2.3.3-crlf.zip from:

 >   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/mod_fcgid/
 >
 > review, take it for a spin, and cast your choice
 >
 >   [ ] -1 for any release of 2.3.4 (regressed from 2.3.1?)
 >   [ ] +1 to release as 2.3.4-beta
 >   [ ] +1 to release as 2.3.4-GA
 >
 > For getting started,
 >
 > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_fcgid/tags/2.3.4/README-FCGID

Further testing of our application has shown up a problem.

With the following configuration we are seeing the request body
of POST messages get stripped out if FcgidAuthorizer is used for
Location /player.  If we comment out the "Require onelan magic" the
POSTs work.

Have I misconfigured or is this a bug in mod_fcgid?

Barry

LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

FcgidCmdOptions /usr/local/onelan/html/dsmauthorizer.fcgi MaxProcesses 1
FcgidCmdOptions /usr/local/onelan/html/dsm.fcgi MaxProcesses 1
FcgidCmdOptions /usr/local/onelan/html/dsmxml.fcgi MaxProcesses 1

<VirtualHost *:80>

    #+ Rewrite Web API Rules
    RewriteEngine on

    # security - deny TRACE and TRACK requests
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
    RewriteRule .* - [F]
    #- Rewrite Web API Rules

    #+ Rewrite Web API Rules
    # make the URLs hide the use of dsm.fcgi
    RewriteRule ^/$ /dsm.fcgi [L]
    RewriteRule ^/(status|options|organisation|tools|setup|help)($|.*$)
/dsm.fcgi/$1$2 [L]
    #- Rewrite Web API Rules

    #+ Rewrite XML API Rules
    # make the URLs hide the use of dsmxml.fcgi
    RewriteRule ^/(XML)($|.*$) /dsmxml.fcgi/$1$2 [L]
    #- Rewrite XML API Rules

    #+ Rewrite VPN
    ReWriteMap ntb_ip_address
prg:/usr/local/onelan/dsm/bin/vpn_lookup_ip_address
    RewriteRule ^/player/(\d+)\.(.*)
http://${ntb_ip_address:$1}:8080/player/$1.$2 [P]
    #- Rewrite VPN

    #+ Locations Web VPN API
    <Location /player>

        #+ HTTP auth file
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthType Digest
        AuthName "Manager System"
        AuthGroupFile /etc/onelan/common/http.group
        AuthUserFile /etc/onelan/common/http.passwd
        Require onelan magic
        #- HTTP auth file

        FcgidAuthorizer /usr/local/onelan/html/dsmauthorizer.fcgi
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>