httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: problem with build on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:55:44 GMT
On 06.10.2009 21:22, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>     michael@x054:[/data/prj/http-2.2.14.bad/srclib/apr/build]grep -c aix
>     *.m4 | grep -v :0
>     apr_hints.m4:5
>     libtool.m4:53
>     ltdl.m4:2
>     Most of these are in the form:
>         aix[[4-9]]*)
>
>     I saw a few aix5 ones, no aix6 specific ones. So you may have a good
>     starting point.
>
>     in aclocal.m4 for libtool.m4 I did not find a specific aix6) switch
>     (also the aix[[4-9]]* format.
>
>     regading the new libtool - is it enough to jst run ./buildconf - are
>     there extra arguments I should be giving? Is there any logged output.
>

> should be; confirm by looking in configure to see if the new stuff is in
> there

I just checked the latest libtool 1.x (1.5.26) which only has aix[4-9]
patterns, nothing aix5 specific. Another source of trouble could be
autoconf (e.g. config.guess) and automake. Recent versions (2.64 resp.
1.10.2) seem to respect AIX 6 in their script.

I don't have an AIX system at hand at the moment, but last time I build
on AIX 6.1 I was astonished, that they used .a as a suffix for shared
libs. They have two types of shared libs, depending on when symbol
resolution is done.

My notes tell me, that at that time I changed the contents of libtool in
the following way:

hardcode_action=immediate -> hardcode_action=relink
hardcode_direct=yes       -> hardcode_direct=no
hardcode_minus_L=no       -> hardcode_minus_L=yes

I don't remember whether that was actually necessary.

Regards,

Rainer