httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with build on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:10:23 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> forgot to mention: I have done
>> export CC=xlc
>> in the builds yesterday, so the libtool build should reflect that. The two
>> builds I just did for this report I neither defined nor exported CC before
>> running configure.
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Suspecting it was libtool I downloaded, built and installed libtool 2.2.6a
>>> and Python 2.6.3, ope did the following:
>>> make distclean
>>> ./buildconf
>>> ./configure *** as above
>>> make
>>>

> Does that libtool handle aix 6?  The libtool.m4 in my older libtool has lots
> of stanzas with
>
> aix4* | aix5*)
>
> or similar.  I'd change those to include aix6* and see if that helps.
>
> I think apr_hints.m4 and APR's configure.in also need a change to handle
> aix6*.  I don't know about the various config.guess files.

michael@x054:[/data/prj/http-2.2.14.bad/srclib/apr/build]grep -c aix
*.m4 | grep -v :0
apr_hints.m4:5
libtool.m4:53
ltdl.m4:2
Most of these are in the form:
      aix[[4-9]]*)

I saw a few aix5 ones, no aix6 specific ones. So you may have a good
starting point.

in aclocal.m4 for libtool.m4 I did not find a specific aix6) switch
(also the aix[[4-9]]* format.

regading the new libtool - is it enough to jst run ./buildconf - are
there extra arguments I should be giving? Is there any logged output.

Are people interested in the src/apr/libtool that is generated? easy
enough to attach if someone can make some sense of them.