httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.6 beta?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:47:28 GMT
On 06.10.2009 18:47, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> Note concerning the Windows build files: I did a "neu erstellen", should
>> be something like clean&build. As a result for mod_ftp I did not get
>> .pdb files. They were only produced for mod_ftp_example.
>>
>> Digging into it a little deeper reveals, that if you do "neu erstellen",
>> then it first produces all files for mod_ftp (including pdb), then
>> removes most of them as part of the clean for mod_ftp_example and then
>> produces the files for mod_ftp_example.
>
> As I inquired before, do you encounter this problem cleaning, building and
> installing using Makefile-ftp.win?  Choosing ALL=1 to the makefile should
> trigger this.  The problem is again, command line vars are not passing from
> the first nmake invocation into its sub-nmake's, something I need to investigate.

No, I used the .dsw and Visual Studio. See my separate post about
mod_fcgid where I reported problems and fix for the Makefile-*.win a few
minutes ago.

I found the ALL switch during that test in the fcgid makefile (sic). For
me it looks like parsing the vars does work, it was only broken fr
INSTDIR, because it was accidentially and unconditionaly overwritten at
the beginning of the Makefile. See patch link in my other post.

Regards,

Rainer