httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r822094 - /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/modules/fcgid/fcgid_conf.c
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:37:26 GMT
On 06.10.2009 18:26, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> On 06.10.2009 14:56, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>> (hoping that includes building on Windows to see the more obvious
>>> Jeff-breakage :( )
>>
>> Neither obvious nor non-obvious: I tried building on Windows right now
>> (against 2.2.14). It succeeds without errors or warning :)
>>
>> I tried the devenv method and also the .mak file. Both methods worked,
>> for the .mak method I first had to enter the modules/fcgid directory,
>> otherwise the makefile complains about not finding the .dep file.
>
> You were building Makefile-fcgid.win I trust?  Oh - you cannot invoke an
> msvcrt exported makefile from another directory, but the top level makefile
> should handle this for you.  There is an issue with passing the variables
> to the lower-level invocation of Makefile-fcgid.win which I'll look for fixes.

I used trunk and the modules/ftp/*.mak file. The Makefile*-win for fcgid
and for ftp first did not work for me. It turns out the reason is, that
I build out of tree.

Both Makefiles check against httpd.vcproj in the main directory which is
not present when building out of tree.

I suggest we check against modules/fcgid/mod_fcgid.vcproj resp.
modules/ftp/mod_ftp.vcproj?

Another thing is being able to split INSTDIR from APACHE2_HOME. The
first is where the module should go to, the other one where httpd is. A
simple tweak to the Makefile allows that. Then there's also an unconditional

INSTDIR=\Apache22

near the beginning of both Makefiles, which seems not right.

Finally the install target has a problem if INSTDIR!=APACHE2_HOME. There
is a test against "COMPLETED" which is never set. I think we can simply
remove the check, otherwise the xcopy for the manual fails due to the
missing target directory.

And last but not least, there is no mod_fcgid.h to install. Unless we
want to install other headers, we can drop that part.

I prepared a little patch you can find at

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/Makefiles-fcgid.patch

What do you think about it?

Regards,

Rainer