httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r822094 - /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/modules/fcgid/fcgid_conf.c
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:27:24 GMT
On 06.10.2009 14:56, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:07 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net <mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net>> wrote:
>
>     trawick@apache.org <mailto:trawick@apache.org> wrote:
>     > Author: trawick
>     > Date: Mon Oct  5 23:58:34 2009
>     > New Revision: 822094
>     >
>     <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=822094&view=rev>
>     > Log:
>     > consolidate/improve reporting of bogus files in the configuration
>
>     My quick evaluation of the state of the code
>

> (hoping that includes building on Windows to see the more obvious
> Jeff-breakage :( )

Neither obvious nor non-obvious: I tried building on Windows right now
(against 2.2.14). It succeeds without errors or warning :)

I tried the devenv method and also the .mak file. Both methods worked,
for the .mak method I first had to enter the modules/fcgid directory,
otherwise the makefile complains about not finding the .dep file.

I quickly loaded the module, but did not do intensive testing.

>     suggests we are ready for another beta
>     candidate right now?  Unless I hear otherwise, I'll roll this in a
>     half day and see
>     if we aren't more successful this round.
>

> +1
>
> Beyond beta, I think we have something that is clearly better than the
> 2007 mod_fcgid 2.2 release and should get out the door soon as a GA (as
> long as testing doesn't show any regression).  I just made what I hope
> are uncontroversial changes to the directive names.  I'll try to make
> peace with the rest.  It would be great if others would decide in the
> short term what they can't live with.

+1

Regards,

Rainer