httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r821452 - /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/modules/fcgid/fcgid_pm_unix.c
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 02:24:10 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> But since his comment, "my friend always prefers to stay anonymous" implied more
> than this single patch, it seems appropriate to call out the general concern.
you got this wrong - I meant that he prefers so at all other places too,
and not that he sends me tons of patches which I commit without
crediting him.
Also I would expect that someone who wants to be credited, and wants to
hold copyrights on his/her submission certainly would self subscribe on
the list, and submit self to the list.
My friend was long enough here subscribed on the list, and posted
patches, and got credited; thus it happened too often to him that he got
ignored (which is a general prob which happens to many others too), and
finally it was not worth for him to deal with the huge amount of spam
you get as a list subscriber (yeah, not everyone has a superdooper mail
filter) only for being ignored (remember I write here his opinion), and
so he unsubscribed, and some time later he anyway changed provider, and
is now happy without spam - so has no fun to start the spam game again.
Therefore I respect his desire to stay anonymous - which means more that
he dislikes to subscribe to lists, or have his mail address otherwise
appear on the inet; he's not anonymous to me.

Quote from him just when I told him about our discussion here:
"well submit by yourself as needed to compile or leave out and have the
***** author fix when report a compiler error"

View raw message