httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Fwd: SvnPubSub websites -- need more volunteers]
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 00:20:37 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> If I had to speculate; somehow the permissions that my login are SUPPOSED
> to be setting (even for scp) were not, and yesterday I chmod'ed those files
> to be 664 perms.  The files were then mirrored.
>
> I will hazard a guess that you didn't follow up on my post Graham, and fix your
> umask, and the permissions of the files you had touched, and that the mirroring
> system isn't permitting those files to be synced without proper perms and ownership
> (group httpd).

I did follow up on the post, and fixed the permissions on the files, but
was busy late this afternoon and so wasn't able to see if the changes
had made any effect. Looking now (about 10 hours later), it seems the
changes haven't made any effect.

I would feel a lot better if this process was documented somewhere, so I
didn't have to sit and guess what stupid thing I had missed, and not
knowing what I'd missed, not be in a position to fix it.

Or alternatively, a quick message to say "we're up to our eyeballs in
ddos, please hold we'll back get to you".

Regards,
Graham