httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: SvnPubSub websites -- need more volunteers]
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 16:10:52 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know the current status of the syncing effort?  (other than
>> the fact that we aren't synced yet ;) )
>>
>> I saw commits from Paul yesterday but didn't understand the big picture.
>
> www.apache.org/dist/httpd has picked up one of the v2.2.14 release
> tarballs, but none of the others.
>
> Can anyone look and see what is going on, or if the procedure for
> publishing binaries has changed, clarify what that procedure is?

If I had to speculate; somehow the permissions that my login are SUPPOSED
to be setting (even for scp) were not, and yesterday I chmod'ed those files
to be 664 perms.  The files were then mirrored.

I will hazard a guess that you didn't follow up on my post Graham, and fix your
umask, and the permissions of the files you had touched, and that the mirroring
system isn't permitting those files to be synced without proper perms and ownership
(group httpd).

Either that, or fiddling with the perms reset the file ctimes to the current window
(ctime being the inode modified time).

Bill