httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Scott <barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid - cannot get authorizer process to be started
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:00:50 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Barry Scott
> <barry.scott@onelan.co.uk <mailto:barry.scott@onelan.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     At this point let me ask this:
>
>     Is it possible with the current code to ever have the fcgid
>     Authorizer called?
>

> yes

thanks for the confirmation and the example.

I now have my Authorizer code and have the authentication happening.

Listen *:9000
<VirtualHost *:9000>
    <Location />
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AuthType Digest
        AuthName "Manager System"
        AuthUserFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.passwd

        Require onelan magic
        FastCgiAuthorizer
/home/bscott/wc/svn/NTB-Next/onelan/DSM/Sources/WebUserInterface/bin/Authorizer.sh
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

What I have learned about the code is this:

* If any Require directive is present a 401 is returned if no
credentials are sent
* If any Require directive is present and credentials are present they
are checked and the username is set in r.
* If any Require directive is present and its not processed by any other
authorizer the FastCgiAuthorizer is run

It would be nice to reserve a Require entity name for use by fast CGI.
The code as written today does not care if a Require entity name is
processed by any module.
Use of valid-group that sound officialbut is simply a Require entity
name that no module supports.

Barry