httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>
Subject Re: DAV Provider Patch
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 01:57:34 GMT

On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:40 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 6 Oct 2009, at 22:15, Brian J. France wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the delay in response to this, life got in the way.
>>
>> I have updated the patch here:
>>
>> http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/dav/dav-provider-3.diff
>>
>> This patch doesn't break binary compatibility (adds the functions
>> to the end of the struct) and adds both get_request_rec and
>> get_pathname.  While in most cases you can pull pathname from the
>> request_rec, how would you get the pathname from a mod_dav_fs_db
>> type module?  Should mod_dav_fs_db update r->filename or should we
>> keep the get_pathname function in the provider struct?
>>
>> Either way works for me, just happen to have a discussion at work
>> about writing a custom mod_dav_fs module and thought of this patch
>> case.
>
> My recollection of hacking at mod_dav is that I wanted to make some
> similar
> changes, but I was in two minds whether patching the API like this
> was the
> right solution (certainly getting the request_rec), or whether it
> wanted a
> deeper-level redesign.
>
> Is this API change sufficient for your app?  And if not, how much
> more is there to come?

There are two more patches left.  One is for handling ETags and will
patch both dav and http_etag.c to handle usec timestamps in the
ETags.  The second one is the main ACL support patch to the dav stuff.

After that, all the rest of mod_dav_acl, mod_caldav and mod_carddav
will work with out any patches to httpd/dav.

Brian