httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Cantu <rica...@smartcsc.com>
Subject Re: [mod_fcgid] Cleaning up configuration directive names
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:55:08 GMT
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 4:20:49 pm you wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Ricardo Cantu <ricardo@smartcsc.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 September 2009 2:31:21 pm Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > > ZombieScanInterval (leave alone until processes can be reaped
> >
> > differently)
> > Working on a patch for this one. Don't want to duplicate work, so let me
> > know
> > if anybody else is working on this.
>
> not me
>
> I hope that, for Unix, processes can be reaped as with the MPMs: instead of
> asking if a specific pid has exited (for each pid in the list), ask if any
> pid has exited and if so find it in the list and handle.

Well, here it is. My patch to reap the children when they exit rather than
check the list for zombies. Before I take out the old logic for the zombie
scan I would like to hear some input on the code.

basically,

apr_proc_other_child_register()  - to register a callback when child exits.

sigaction(SIGCHLD, &sa, NULL) - to listen for children dying.

apr_proc_other_child_refresh_all(APR_OC_REASON_RESTART) - called when SIGCHLD
received so callback will be called on the correct registered child.

fcgid_child_maint - The callback. Cleans up the various lists and prints out
log info.

And that's it.