httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Crazy slowloris mitigation patch
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:43:36 GMT
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 09:22 +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> and I haven't touched worker at all

Here is another take on the whole thing, this time worker included. In
my tests, prefork performed a lot better with this approach. Worker
tended to remain under DoS more and would also disconnect far more
"good" connections than prefork. Probably something to do with me
closing wrong sockets - didn't have time to check in detail.

Patches combine two different approaches when we get maxed out:

1. If over 95% of workers are stuck in read, we close reader sockets.
2. If scoreboard hasn't changed during the maintenance interval, we
close all readers and at least 10% of all sockets.

--
Bojan