httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mod_fcgid] Problems installing 2.3.1 on SuSE 10.3 64bit due to missing mpm.h and mpm_default.h
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:48:50 GMT
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Marcus Merz <mmerz@gmx.de> wrote:

> I do not know whether i did something wrong but before a new release of
> mod_fcgid, i wanted to share my experience:
>
> I use Apache 2.2.13 on a OpenSUSE 10.3 distri and did download and extract
> mod_fcgid-2.3.1-beta.tar.gz to /usr/local/source/mod_fcgid-2.3.1
>
> From there i did
>
> APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs2 ./configure.apxs
>
> and following 'make', i got a gcc compiler error complaining about a
> missing
> mpm.h and mpm_default.h in /usr/include/apache2
>
> I came around the problem by symlinking both files using
> :/usr/include/apache2 # ln -s ../apache2-prefork/mpm.h mpm.h
> :/usr/include/apache2 # ln -s ../apache2-prefork/mpm_default.h
> mpm_default.h

mod_fcgid includes mpm_common.h, which in turn includes those.

It is perhaps odd for an unbundled module to use those, but httpd does
intend for them to be installed.  (In fact the mod_fcgid process manager has
enough commonality with the httpd MPMs that it might use the same services
more extensively in the future.)

Can you confirm that this simple module also fails to build?

---------mod_foo.c--------
#include "mpm_common.h"
---------end--------------

Try to build with "apxs -c mod_foo.c"

Can you follow up with the OpenSUSE folks on that?  It sounds like a
packaging problem with their httpd which could affect a minority of modules
(those which use mpm_common.h), but maybe they have an explanation of how
those .h files are to be found when using apxs.

> So, in the end i got it running (the problems i entered after using
> mod_fcgid with binary content are in another thread on this list).

I hope to get back to that thread this weekend.

(I don't think it has anything to do with binary content, FWIW.  It just has
to do with the selection by the PHP interpreter of which is the script, and
whether or not mod_fcgid is passing information about the request to PHP in
a way that PHP can figure it out.)