httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:15:12 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Ricardo Cantu <ricardo@smartcsc.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 7:03:36 am Jeff Trawick wrote:
>

> > I think this may work for you:
> >
> > DefaultMinClassProcessCount 1
> > DefaultMaxClassProcessCount 1
> > IdleTimeout 2147483647
> > ProcessLifetime 2147483647
> >
> > Those magic values for IdleTimeout and ProcessLifetime are as close to
> > "unlimited" as you can get with the current code.
> >
> > Note that these can only be set globally with mod_fcgid.  That's probably
> > much bigger problem than the "unlimited" hack.
> >

> It's seem very reasonable to have "0" (unlimited) as valid value for
> killInterval, IdleTimeout, and ProcessLifetime. As I don't think the actual
> time of zero seconds would make sense in any of those variables.
>
> Any objections to such a patch?

I think it is perfectly fine to allow IdleTimeout and ProcessLifetime to
accept 0 and treat it as unlimited.*

Did you mean IdleScanInterval instead of killInterval?  IMO it isn't so
useful to disable the various scans.

--/--

*Currently one of the other directives uses -1 as unlimited.  We should
change that one to also use 0 as unlimited, but allow -1 during a migration
period so that existing configurations work.

Note also that we've renamed the directives but continue to support the old
ones.  The new directive names in the current source code and documented at
http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html#upgrade are just a
rough draft.  They'll be tweaked further before GA.