httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r817350 - /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_fcgid.xml
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:11:49 GMT
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM, <rjung@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: rjung
> Date: Mon Sep 21 17:59:23 2009
> New Revision: 817350

> Log:

> - Adding the other two compatibility notes from README to the
>  upgrade section

> +      <li>Some directives which could be placed inside
> <code>&lt;VirtualHost &gt;</code> but were
> +      ignored before now result in configuration errors.  As before, these
> +      directives must be set at global scope to have the desired effect.
> +      These include <directive
> module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDIdleTimeout</directive>,
> +      <directive module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDMaxProcessCount</directive>,
> +      <directive module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDPHPFixPathinfoEnable</directive>,
> +      <directive module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDProcessLifetime</directive>, and
> others.
> +      (Consult CHANGES-FCGID for the complete list.)</li>
> +
> +      <li>Some directives which can optionally be placed inside
> <code>&lt;VirtualHost &gt;</code>
> +      were not inherited as expected in older releases.  This has been
> +      corrected, and behavior will change for some configurations.
>  Affected
> +      directives include <directive
> module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDIPCCommTimeout</directive>,
> +      <directive module="mod_fcgid">FCGIDOutputBufferSize</directive>, and
> others.
> +      (Consult CHANGES-FCGID for the complete list.)</li>

I think the less said about migration in the reference docs the better.  In
particular, I don't think these two issues need to be described in the
reference docs, as they describe only misbehaving or ignored aspects of old
configurations.  (And generally the docs shouldn't point to CHANGES for
additional information.)