httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:58:54 GMT
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:43 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net>wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >>   [X] +1 to release as 0.9.5-beta
> >
> > But with a single vote, I'll declare this vote DOA on Tuesday night,
> after
> > seven days of voting.
>
> And in 18 hours, with no other voters, it seems appropriate to begin a vote
> for dissolving mod_ftp from the httpd project.  Please share your thoughts
> on the topic.

My thoughts?

mod_ftp seems generally useful, though perhaps not to me.
I think it is a Good Thing for us to give it a home.
I agree completely that it is a bad sign that we didn't get votes within a
week, and it is fair to state the possible conclusion.
Please give me another day to play with it ;)