httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DAV Option Patch
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:53:57 GMT
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Brian J. France <brian@brianfrance.com>wrote:

> Jari is the original author of mod_dav_acl, which requires patches to httpd
> to work.  I need the same functionality added to httpd to get a mod_dav_acl
> type module working, so I have split up his patch into smaller pieces.  Can
> a patch be under a different license than the original code?

Do you mean, can somebody create a patch to httpd and give the patch a
different license than ASL?  Or more directly, can we decide what license
Jari intended, or be compelled to agree to, for his patch?

We don't want to debate that here, as it is missing the point.  See wrowe's
post from 1-2 hours ago.  The author should contribute it to us, etc.  If
not, we need to remove what was already committed.