httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Logging command line at startup
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:53:54 GMT
I'd like to log the server command line and server root at startup.

The reason is: sometimes when debugging a problem I'm given some logs
and a directory full of various revisions of the server configuration
file, and can only guess which of the configuration files was actually
being used.

Logging the path to the configuration file would be complicated, since
when it's opened, we don't know where the logs are going to go yet, and
we don't save the configuration file path for later use.

But with the command line and the server root, it won't be hard to tell
which configuration file got used.

I've put a first pass at implementing this at
http://people.apache.org/~poirier/log_command_line_at_startup.patch.txt
and welcome comments.

--
Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com>