httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <>
Subject mod_ftp - start directory?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:33:43 GMT
Looking over the mod_ftp documentation, I don't see a way to do this,
but maybe I'm just missing it.

Can I arrange for anyone logging into the mod_ftp server to start out in
some subdirectory of the document root?  I want a fixed directory, not
something that depends on their user name.

For extra credit, can I keep them restricted to that directory and
subdirectories of it?

Concrete example:

<VirtualHost _default_:21>
DocumentRoot /var/share/ftpdocs

When Alice or Bob log in, I want them to be looking at the files in
/var/share/ftpdocs/interesting/directory, and 'pwd' should return

They should be able to access anything under
there, but not anything outside that subtree.

Dan Poirier <>

View raw message