httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>
Subject Re: DAV Option Patch
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:42:57 GMT

On Sep 14, 2009, at 05:02 PM, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:11:24AM -0400, Brian J. France wrote:
>> I would like to get some form of mod_dav_acl[1] added to httpd.  My
>> end
>> goal with all of this is to get a mod_caldav and mod_cardav
>> accepted down
>> the line or at least be able to build the module with out hacking the
>> core httpd source.
>>
>> I am going to start by splitting up the Jari's mod_dav_acl patches to
>> httpd into small patches with detailed explanation on why they are
>> needed and first up is the DAV options patch.
>>
>> Currently there is no way for other dav modules to add things do
>> the DAV
>> or Allow headers of a OPTIONS request, only the mod_dav module can
>> output those items.  This patch:
>
> It's not clear to me - is Jari the original author of this code, or
> yourself?  mod_dav_acl seems to be licensed under the LGPL still.

Jari is the original author of mod_dav_acl, which requires patches to
httpd to work.  I need the same functionality added to httpd to get a
mod_dav_acl type module working, so I have split up his patch into
smaller pieces.  Can a patch be under a different license than the
original code?

My plan is to create a mod_dav_acl module that would require providers
to plugin (mod_dav_acl_fs, mod_dav_acl_dbd, etc).

Brian