httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Xia, Arandar" <Arandar....@chn.fujixerox.com>
Subject Lots of GET requests is sent when getting properties of a large file
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:26:26 GMT
Hi,

I use mod_dav of Apache to build a WebDAV server, and use MapNetworkDrive of WindowsXP to
build a connection to the WebDAV server.
There is a large file (about 100MB) on the WebDAV server.
When I try to get the properties (right click the large file) of the large file or delete
the large file, I find that it will take a long time to finish the operation.
After tracking the communication, I find that the client sends lots of GET requests to the
server.
If the target file is small, this will not happen.

Does anybody know what is wrong and how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

// Zeyi