httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Ionescu <bobsie...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r795451 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:03:15 GMT
2009/9/15 Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:
> FallbackHandler and FrontController both make a lot of sense to me.
> FrontController seems like it might be more "correct", in terms of accepted
> usage in the larger world out there, but either one makes me happy.

Looks like a name was found (or not).  :-)

Besides the name I'd like to propose two features to that directive

- the possibility to override a previous setting back to default (e.g.
for subdirectories, Fallback disabled). I don't know if this is useful
but it was implemented into DirectoryIndex as well

- the possibility to disable the setting for subrequest lookups to
address RĂ¼diger's comment
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg44257.html
(Fallback fooressource nosub)

(- some debug logging+docs)