httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:36:03 GMT

On Sep 14, 2009, at 9:43 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>  [X] +1 to release as 0.9.5-beta
>>
>> But with a single vote, I'll declare this vote DOA on Tuesday
>> night, after
>> seven days of voting.
>
> And in 18 hours, with no other voters, it seems appropriate to begin
> a vote
> for dissolving mod_ftp from the httpd project.  Please share your
> thoughts
> on the topic.

I disagree.  I have personally found no cycles to test this particular
go-around: I am mind-bogglingly busy and about to get busier.

However, I am convinced mod_ftp is viable.  However, it looks as if it
is not getting the attention it deserves as a subproject.

Nick's remark about the testsuite is highly pertinent: I think the
module would receive more exercise, attention and coverage if it were
in trunk and touched by the perl-framework.

So, rather than threatening to get rid of the module, I move to fold
it into trunk.

S.

--
Sander Temme