httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Scott <barry.sc...@onelan.co.uk>
Subject mod_fcgid - cannot get authorizer process to be started
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:18:26 GMT
The mod_fcgid page says to ask on dev I assume that this is the right
place to ask.

I'm using mod_fcgid from svn with HTTPD 2.2.

I want to use a fast CGI authorizer to allow me to control access based
on my rules.
The authorizer needs to be a long running process - never exits.

I know that the fcgid code is noticing the directive because I can
change the filename
and see the error message from the sources.

But I'm at a lose as to the required to get this configuration to
actually call my code.
mod_fcgid is not starting up the authorizer process.

I have the following fcgid specific lines in my httpd.conf file:

---- httpd.conf ----
LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

Listen *:9000
<VirtualHost *:9000>
   <Location />
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       AuthType Digest
       AuthName "Manager System"
       Require valid-user
       AuthGroupFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.group
       AuthUserFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.passwd

       FastCgiAuthorizer
/home/bscott/wc/svn/NTB-Next/onelan/DSM/Sources/WebUserInterface/bin/Authorizer

   </Location>

   <Location /player>
         #+ HTTP auth file
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       AuthType Digest
       AuthName "Manager System"
       Require valid-user
       AuthGroupFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.group
       AuthUserFile /home/bscott/Work/httpd-fcgid-test/auth/http.passwd
       #- HTTP auth file
       #FCGID

   </Location>
</VirtualHost>