httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r819008 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: build/get-version.sh build/rpm/httpd.spec.in buildconf
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:12:05 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>>  Version: APACHE_VERSION
>>  Release: APACHE_RELEASE
>> +Epoch: APACHE_EPOCH00%{release}
>
> Why APACHE_EPOCH00%{release} and not just APACHE_EPOCH?

Someone wanting to roll their own spec file will most probably want to
set their own value for release, this makes that possible.

>>  Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
>>  Source0: http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-%{version}.tar.bz2
>>  License: Apache License, Version 2.0
>>  Group: System Environment/Daemons
>>  BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root
>> -BuildPrereq: apr-devel, apr-util-devel, openldap-devel, db4-devel, expat-devel,
findutils, perl, pkgconfig, zlib-devel, pcre-devel >= 5.0
>> +BuildPrereq: apr-devel, apr-util-devel, openldap-devel, db4-devel, expat-devel,
findutils, perl, pkgconfig, zlib-devel, pcre-devel >= 5.0, distcache-devel >= 1.4

> Was this change intended?

Yes, though I left it out the commit message by accident. The SRPM won't
build without distcache-devel present.

Regards,
Graham