httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <>
Subject Re: [vote] release httpd-2.2.14?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:58:44 GMT
Graham Leggett schrieb:
> As the script is the current authoritative mechanism for how md5
> signatures are created, and makes no guarantee as to the format
> of the md5 file, all claims made to date that the signatures are in the
> wrong format are therefore false.
agreed, but the is currently weak since the final format depends
entirely on who does a release on what machine - see here:
IIRC that was Jim doing this release ...
and that's now what you generated ...

I think we should allways provide same format, be it the openssl one if
thats really the preferred, or the md5(sum) / sha1(sum) one...

and we should document somewhere how to verify automatically.

View raw message