httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] release httpd-2.2.14?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:54:19 GMT
Hi,
Graham Leggett schrieb:
> Can you point out where this is documented?
I'll try to dig that up.

>> The huge benefit of this format is that the binaries can then be checked
>> with same tools (option -c).
>
> With the downside that what you propose only works on Linux.
huh? nope - these tools are available on Win32 too; and where is a
downside at all? With the current format *all* users have to manually
compare - while with what I propose at least those who have the tools
mod5sum and / or sha1sum can do a machine verify; and for those who have
to check manually its no difference since same information is in the file.

See my other post where I've hacked the roll.sh, and its fair easy with
one additional line to even put the current format too into the checksum
file - it would only need a '#' so that the md5sum / sha1sum tools would
ignore this line.

Gün.