httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:44:03 GMT
Bill,
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> To confirm; if UTF8 characters are *invalid* and won't be accepted for
> path names, this feature should be set.  If the server *can* name files
> in UTF8 this is the correct feature, even if the file names would appear
> 'odd' to the local user.  This is why the feature is correct for Unix.
hmm, then I probably add the directive but comment it out, and explain
with a note;
I've just tested and transfered from Linux a file with UTF-8 German
Umlaute äöüß, and it was stored on the server, then retrieved same file
from Win32, and that worked; however when I access the filesystem with
the client then the filename is garbage, but still accessable. If I
store a file with German Umlaute with the client then FileZilla is noz
happy with it, and reports:
UTF-8 option in site manager to force UTF-8.
So if the user wants to serve files which were created via client then
its required to disable the UTF8 feature I think ...
Probably we can add a new directive for the future which can specify
conversion like mod_char_lite; something like:
FTPCharsetSourceEnc
I think from this other systems can also profit, or?

Gün.