httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:41:35 GMT
Hi,
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>> well, thats fine, but at least FZ only uses it because mod_ftp claims to
>> support it - so why do we so if we anyway dont take action on it but
>> only fail?
>> Lets remove it from FEAT reply unless we really support it, and take
>> action on the command.
>
> Reread the spec.
did...

> FEAT -> UTF8 tells the client that utf8 is preferred.  On unix systems
> today, that is largely true.  On Windows, it's absolutely true from the
> httpd perspective.  And I'm conceding it might be wrong for OS2 or Netware
> and need your feedback.  FEAT -> UTF8 does not say UTF8 is the only format
> to expect, only that it's the format that should be presumed.
not 100% sure, but ATM would say NW does not support UTF8 with the
filenames without conversion ... (we had problems in the past with
filenames on httpd autoindexed pages, and need mod_chatset_lite to
workaround this)

> FEAT UTF8 has no associated OPTS, please read the spec.  OPTS takes no
> arg "ON", that's for certain ;-)
k, I dont care much about the error since its ignored by FZ and IE as it
seems ....

Gün.