httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:16:03 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> well, thats fine, but at least FZ only uses it because mod_ftp claims to
> support it - so why do we so if we anyway dont take action on it but
> only fail?
> Lets remove it from FEAT reply unless we really support it, and take
> action on the command.

Reread the spec.

FEAT -> UTF8 tells the client that utf8 is preferred.  On unix systems
today, that is largely true.  On Windows, it's absolutely true from the
httpd perspective.  And I'm conceding it might be wrong for OS2 or Netware
and need your feedback.  FEAT -> UTF8 does not say UTF8 is the only format
to expect, only that it's the format that should be presumed.

FEAT UTF8 has no associated OPTS, please read the spec.  OPTS takes no
arg "ON", that's for certain ;-)

Bill