httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.5 beta?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:44:36 GMT
Hi,
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>>> Befehl:	OPTS UTF8 ON
>>> Antwort:	504 Error (no message)
>>>
>>> so clearly mod_ftp now claims to support UTF8, but when FZ tries to set
>>> it then it returns an error ....
>> Good catch.  Investigating, but I believe returning success is sufficient
>> for most unix and windows platforms.  But OS2?  Do we need to evaluate that
>> APR_FILEPATH_ENCODING_UTF8 flag?
>
> With respect to FZ, I plan no change for client authors who deliberately
> ignore the relevant RFC's.  See specifically;
>
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3659.txt
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2640.txt
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2389.txt
>
> and understanding these, review the author's commentary...
>
> http://www.smartftp.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12655-bug-in-utf8-support/
> http://www.smartftp.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5789-feat-and-opts-utf8/
>
> ... who clearly don't know how to read a spec, never mind how to write
> a client.
>
> There is no RFC specified command OPTS UTF8, and we should not persist this
> myth.
from my thoughts I agree if its not in RFC, and BTW. FZ ignores the 504;
but FYI IE7 sends this same OPTS UTF8 command too - seen there first.

Some more results:
FZ, IE6, IE7, Opera 10.0, Mozilla 1.7.13 work fine against Linux + NetWare;
BUT: FF 2.0.0.20, 3.0.13, 3.5.3, SeaMonkey 1.1.16 _ALL_ DONT display the
root directory - though they _ALL_ do display /incoming ....?
Can anybody re-create this with the default config?

Gün,