httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r814091 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES support/htcacheclean.c
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:45:26 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Why does opt need to be cast to (int)?

>>From the printf man page:

     c       The int argument is converted to an unsigned char, and the
             resulting character is written.

> Why not simply zap all these checks of the form
>
> if (silly user specified no-argument option again) {
>   remind them who is boss
> }
>
> to avoid code bloat?

Can you give an example?

In theory, "silly user specified no-argument option again" is one big
case statement, which in theory means we would then have two big case
statements, one after the other, and that's way more bloated than a
single string constant used over and over again (but that produces
different messages), and a single apr_psprintf() call per option.

Regards,
Graham