httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_fcgid-2.3.1?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:02:41 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:

> I think it's still beta, because the docs are not enough to get one
> started. Especially the description for FCGIWrapper is strange:

Well, all the docs are strange ;-)  Any volunteers?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/docs/manual/mod/

> - I wasn't able to use it without the optional (?) second param:
>
> In file fcgid_conf.c:
>
> 762 const char *set_wrapper_config(cmd_parms * cmd, void *dirconfig,
> 763                                const char *wrapperpath,
> 764                                const char *extension)
> 765 {
> 775     /* Sanity check */
> 776     if (wrapperpath == NULL || extension == NULL
> -----------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 777         || *extension != '.' || *(extension + 1) == '\0'
> 778     ...
> 779         return "Invalid wrapper file extension";
>
> although it is declared as
>
>     AP_INIT_TAKE12("FCGIWrapper", set_wrapper_config, NULL,
>                    RSRC_CONF | ACCESS_CONF | OR_FILEINFO,
>                    "The CGI wrapper setting"),
>
> - the needed "extension" is completely undocumented
>
> - the path of wrapperpath is not resolved relative to the server root

FWIW at httpd committers, feel free to fix.  If svn permissions aren't set
up correctly, I'm happy to fix.  But I would hate to see some territorial
boundaries (real or perceived) interfere with fixing httpd code, whether
it's in the main trunk or off on a module subproject.