httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 22:56:10 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Sounds like 3 years have not changed the feelings towards
> this. Ideally, we should remove the whole ap_get_server_version/
> ap_get_server_banner re-work as well since, iirc, this was
> all to make it easier for this exact type of change.

---1!  (whoops, that's zero :)

Seriously, you remember when ServerTokens was introduced to strip the
rev numbers... well this split of functionality has provided us much
richer error.log results to diagnose issues, when the admin doesn't
even know wfv they are running.  That function split re-introduced
details that were missing from the error log, before.

> In any case, I'll revert as soon as I have some cycles.

Thanks