httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: X.509 client certificates and LDAP authorization
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:34:27 GMT
Technically what's being attempted here is a lookup rather than authentication.

The intention is to do a query using the cert info to get back the uid from LDAP
(as opposed to an LDAP connect with a password followed by a query).

Currently the LDAP code only provides Authentication and/or Authorization. It does
not provide a version of certificate-based LDAP authentication where SSL provides the
authentication and LDAP, trusting SSL's authn, only does the lookup/mapping via a
query (without password) to convert the cert info into uid value (or whatever attr
value they want) for use with authorization and downstream REMOTE_USER processing.

Paul J. Reder

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein