httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Schrauwen <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: vote on concept of ServerTokens Off]
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 07:29:56 GMT
I'm not too fond of being able to remove it either.

It can always be set to "Apache" with the current configuration
options and that should keep people worried about exploits somewhat
satisfied.

Even if you where able to hide it completely a good script could
figure out if it's a 1.3 2.0 or 2.2 based on how it handles retain
requests and on the Directory listing for example.

As

~Jorge